St. Joan of Arc would like to first thank you for volunteering to work with our children. Your involvement is a key role in helping form our youth in faith and character. We couldn’t do it without you!
To maintain compliance with the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland and ensure the safety of our children and yourself, we require that all adults, age 18+, who will be in contact with children as a volunteer, coach or staff member to complete the following:
- Pass the background check (virtusonline.org).
- Attend the Virtus workshop at any parish in our diocese & submit your Virtus Certificate to Millie Prebel.
a. Visit the Virtus website to view a list of sessions & to register.
- Read the 2 documents below and submit the following documents to Millie Prebel.
a. Standards of Conduct for Ministry PDF
i. SIGNATURE PAGE 17 --Standards of Conduct for Ministry
b. Policy for the Safety of Children PDF
i. SIGNAUTRE PAGE 7-65 --Policy for the Safety of Children
- Watch the 3 in-service videos from our diocese and sign off on the above 2 forms where it says "I participated in the mandatory in-service..."
- For volunteers & staff who have passed a 5-year mark since fingerprinting, you will be required to undergo an additional background check screening through your Virtus account.
a. Please follow the instructions on this sheet & either pay for your background check and submit a reimbursement form or contact Millie Prebel 440-247-1141 ext 127 for a prepaid token.